By William Wood | In General
Reports on Sunday have suggested that Micah could move to Arsenal during the current transfer window, and the England international has moved to clarify the situation via MicahRichards.com
A number of Premier League clubs are said to be circling the 20-year old as they look to bolster their backline, with The Gunners manager Arsene Wenger another to reportedly have an eye on his capture.
It is not the first time Micah has been linked with a move to north London after he admitted that Arsenal were the club he supported as a youngster, thus leading to speculation early last year, though reports eventually died down as the defender agreed a five-year extension to his contract at Manchester City.
In light of the latest round of “flattering” rumours, Micah has moved to once again reiterate his commitment to Manchester City, repeating his desire to play for The Citizens as they continue their project at the City of Manchester Stadium.
“It’s always flattering being linked with a club like Arsenal, and they have one of the best managers in the world in Arsene Wenger,” Micah told MicahRichards.com.
“However, as I said before, I’m happy at Manchester City and believe that the club is going in the right direction.”
“We’ve had a difficult season all round which can affect performances, but I think that I can continue my development at City and hopefully win some trophies.”
“I’m still young and still learning, and I’m fully settled at the club and believe that Mark Hughes will help me to improve my game.”
Micah has made 29 appearances for City this season, second only to goalkeeper Joe Hart, and he and his teammates are currently preparing for their league clash with Newcastle United on Wednesday.